Saturday, February 21, 2009

new vigor

Motivated to start blogging again. So here we go.

A little background.

I have a fear of writing. Not a fear as an uncomforatalbe feeling; a fear as in terrified "i'm 'bout to pee my pants" type of fear. (example the the last sentence took me 20 minutes to write). My fear... it's called dyslexia or something like that. It grips me into a procrastinating fear lots of times (actually, all the time).

So I don't write or blog and all the God is teaching me goes forgotten or unsaid or both.

But despite my fear but I will push through and write. Because I think I have some stuff to share. Lots of it will be sucky writing, but better than nothing; which is what I have been doing.

This reboot of the blog will be the sum of my adventures in growing a:
garden,
family,
and church.

probably mostly gardening, but we'll see.

I renamed it "cup of dirt" because of my past, present, and future loves.

Past: I used to be a geologist and love any kind of rock, dirt, or mud. dirt for me always brings a sense of opportunity. (still do love dirt and still consider myself a geologist)

Present: I love me some veggie gardening. The fact that I can plant lil' seeds and eat big fruit later is so cool! However, the seeds start off in little cups of dirt that show little to no promise. But a little love, correct temperature, water, light and POOF out comes a plant.

Future: Currently I am a counselor, pastor, mentor which is very similar to a my old geology gig Trust me it is very similar (look for a post on this in the future). Sometimes people are like cups of dirt, just needing the correct care to grow as God intended.

So come back often to read my tales of growing stuff.

-T

No comments: