Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm offically a worm farmer

5,000 (5lbs)Red Wiggler composting worms arrived. The mailman brought them and was wondering, "what in name of all things good is this Yankee boy doin?!".....or something like that.


Here I prep the worm hotel with wet shredded paper. Apparently worms love shredded paper to play and frolic.
Opening the box. Oooohhhh it's like Christmas morning, I wonder what's inside!

WORMS!!! 5,000 of them. AHHHH. Run for your lives.

I am splitting the 5,000 slime-ish ones with two other brilliant gardeners. So I had to weigh out our portions. Really? I weighing worms? My lil daughter is enthralled, she loves the worms and wants to name each of them (for real). I think one of them is named Chris, not sure of the other 4,999.
Here are the worms in their new home. Chomp worms chomp and make some fertile castings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is truly disgusting....